Multiquip Rammax Viper Trench Roller
The Viper RX1510-series will change your opinion of articulated trench rollers. It features innovations such as an industry-first Z-frame design, Straight Compaction Technology (SCT), and an oscillating articulation joint that requires zero maintenance. These are just a few of the engineering ideas that make up the smoothest steering articulated trench roller available today—the Viper RX1510-series — exclusively from Multiquip.
Key features include:
- Liquid cooled Lombardini engine features idle control for improved fuel economy.
- Large radiator keeps engine operating temperatures low during extreme applications.
- Steel construction minimizes damage caused by equipment buckets or by accidental tip over.
- Dual receiving eyes offer a clear line of sight and eliminate blind spots while using the infrared remote control.
- Patented above-drum exciter with vibrator motor access panels provide easy service access and reduces down time.
- Patented SCT Straight Compaction Technology delivers equal amplitude to all four drums by positioning each eccentric perpendicular to drum rotation for better compaction.
- Oscillating articulation joint enhances stability and optimizes drum contact with the soil for superior compaction; requires no greasing.
- Patented internal drum scrapers prevent dirt build up between drums and ensures maximum power in tough soil conditions.
In addition, the Viper has many features that enhance productivity and reduce maintenance:
- Steel construction provides superior strength and durability compared to designs that use plastic.
- Excellent turning radius is achieved by locating hydraulic cylinder inside the roller frame.
- Heavy-duty latches require no greasing.
- Variable centrifugal force enables you to adjust the compaction force to your application. Select between 15,543 pounds of force in the high setting and 7,606 pounds of force in the low setting.
- Simple drive system features a drive motor in each drum and eliminates hoses that can complicate service.
- Automatic idle control reduces engine RPM when the machine is inactive. Helps save fuel and extend engine life.
- Failure diagnostic system is standard for quick troubleshooting.
- Dual controls — cable tether and infrared remote — are standard with the RX1510CI model, providing a convenient backup option should either control become lost or damaged.
- Solar-powered remote charges immediately in daylight or with incandescent or fluorescent lighting (RX1510CI only). No delay waiting for remote to completely charge.
- Central lifting eye provides secure pickup point for the machine without stretching shock mounts.